Sunday, April 4, 2010

It was a dream



I went to bed at night
with one thought in mind
am I going to die tonight
I raise my hands and pray please god let me live another day
there is still a lot of parts I wanna play
sleep captures me and say in my world you are away
in this shroud you shall stay
bright light I see that nearly blinded me
I try to rub my eyes but my hands I can't see
my hands are behind my back, chained by a rough rope
I'm down on my knees now trying to feel the road
I hear heavy steps coming along the way
with eyes making holes in the back of my neck and not going away
I turn and see nothing but a crow flying over my head
maybe all this will go away,I don't have a hint
I close my eyes and open them to find myself stuck
in the same time same place , this is my bad luck
what you see is true , a tall man speaks
dressed in black gown with only hands it reveals
wearing velvet gloves trying to reach my face
follow me I shall get you out of this place
I follow him and find myself enfolded by the night
walking on dead corpses and the ground I can't find
at a silver gate we stopped to enter a new place
my statue stands in the midst , I'm inside a maze
drowned by my tears, shattered visions appear
the heavy steps are back surrounding me with fear
I'm your wasted time look at me to see
how incomplete you made me , forgiveness you can't seek
is you all I have left ?
sorrowfully no , I'm here to give you a gift
today is a present enjoy it while you can
to lose it too you can't withstand
I promise I'll make the most of it all
there will be no wasted time at all
I wake up to find myself in bed
thinking about the gift I'm about to get
thank god for this new day
don't waste it and say it's just another day

No comments:

Post a Comment